This is my blog for a photojournalism class. In this blog, I will cover details about photography, and issues that are important to our world.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Shooting features: The best way to learn is to step out of your comfort zone!


Camille Pristash prepares her classroom in Beverly Elementary School in Toledo, Ohio March 29.
Camille Pristash
    I am a socially awkward introvert who does not like people photography. This assignment further confirms that way of thinking.
    I had to go out and find an interesting person to take portraits of. I needed a shot of the subject in their environment, and a standard head and shoulders shot.
   The biggest problem I had was actually finding someone that would let me photograph them. I managed to find a teacher who works in the same building as my mother. She was more than happy to help me out, and I owe her a lot of gratitude.
   The part of this assignment where I had to actually take the photos was not so bad. That is where I actually feel comfortable.  I was also under a time constraint. I had about 10-15 minutes to shoot these photos. Giving the subject precise instruction under this amount of time was difficult, but I managed to get it done.
   I am still not getting used to interacting with people, and I fear that I never will. However, photography is what I am comfortable with, so I will stick with it, and I will try to avoid photographing people as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment